PatchWorld is the Metaverse to build instruments and play music together in VR. Hang out, Jam, patch, surf the vibes and discover TONES of player-created worlds and shows, or build something new to share with all!! We are looking for a UI/UX designer to work on our graphical interfaces, and improving the general players and creators experiences across the entire game.
Together, we aim to explore a new sonic and graphical dimension - an unprecedented way to build, think about, and experience music visually. UI/UX design is integral to tackling that challenge.
What you’ll do
- Develop high-quality and functional graphical user interfaces.
- Design and implement modifications, extensions, and optimizations to our existing UI framework
- Be involved in decisions about our brand, design, culture and processes.
- Understand player/game interactions, define models, and perform playtests, task flow, and UI specifications.
- Source, filter, and implement feedback directly from PatchWorlds’s community
- Work autonomously and iteratively to improve the player experience.
- Collaborate with other teams and disciplines.
Required experience & skills
- 5 years of practical UX design experience in games or game-related projects
- Excellence in graphic design, artful use of fonts and typography
- Good knowledge of ergonomic principles applied to VR video games and interaction
- Up-to-date on the latest UI/UX trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or FIGMA, Axure or Adobe XD
- Fluent in English
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, autonomous, and ambiguous environment
- Basics in Unity
- Passionate about music and procedural audio
- Strong background in Virtual Reality technologies (e.g., PSVR, Steam VR, Oculus Rift, etc.)
- Experience working with localization and internationalization systems
- Experience with analytics gathering and A/B testing
- Experience with programs like Logic, Reason, Ableton Live, FL Studio, Max, Pure Data, GarageBand
More about us
PatchXR is a team of experienced, quality-driven music lovers and developers. Founded in 2020, we are a fast growing early stage startup in the Creator Economy. We are an international team of 11, working from our offices in Zurich and Copenhagen, and remotely from all over the world.
We are currently working on PatchWorld, an advanced electronic music creation platform bundled with playful musical ‘EPs’ - unique VR worlds that encourage play.
Our close relationship with the community is a core pillar of the studio’s philosophy. Our custom-built audio engine helps keep us versatile regarding the implementation of new features regarding music creation.
Our goal is to change the way we interact with computers and computer music by taking advantage of immersive and XR technologies. The goal is to escape the limitations of screen-mouse interactions and provide standardized ways of working with physical, full-body gestures, touch, sound, and vision.Apply